Position: The International Media Center Consultant is responsible for the overall development and management of the APEC 2018 Papua New Guinea International Media Center and the logistics related to media management for host events and meetings the during APEC 2018 Papua New Guinea Leaders’ Week.
Position: Venues Director
Directorate/Division: Venues Management
Directorate/Division: Chief Executive Officer
The Venues Director is responsible for the overall management of the venues and facilities that will be used to host events and meetings during APEC Papua New Guinea 2018. This will include operational aspects of venues including security, services, maintenance and upkeep to assist the APEC Authority to deliver efficient and cost effective operations of the venues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understand the Authority’s requirement of venues for meetings and events and draft strategies to manage and meet these requirements;
- Ensure the selection and management of the best partners to support the APEC Authority’s venues management strategy;
- Lead, communicate, and collaborate across all external partners and service providers inspiring confidence and translating the Authority’s strategy to ensure seamless delivery of the events;
- Have effective project management skills including adherence to timelines and cost constraints;
- Ensure all venues in which events will be held are established in a timely manner with appropriate furniture, equipment and catering facilities that meet the APEC Authority’s requirements and standards;
- Ensure all equipment, fixtures and fittings are correctly positioned, in good working order, and in a clean and well-maintained condition;
- Ensure all services are opened and fully operational at scheduled times, standards are maintained throughout the service, particularly delivering exceptional levels of delegate care and satisfaction;
- Ensure that all health and safety and fire and building regulations and procedures comply with relevant laws;
- Ensure an exceptional and consistent level of service, delivering a range of quality food and beverage products in a clean and professional environment;
- Manage the professional performance of staff in the division.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Have a university degree with focus on logistics and/or marketing;
- Possess event management and/or project management experience including liaising and coordinating with external and internal customers to deliver results;
- Have experience delivering large, complex commercial events with conference programs;
- Have experience in the management of a project team;
- Experience of working in a complex multi layered environment with multiple stakeholders;
- Possess high level communication skills, with the ability to liaise across multiple levels including government officials, service providers, and other relevant stakeholders;
- Have the ability to build and leverage relationships;
- Possess strong leadership skills;
- Have strong financial Management Skills;
- Be fully competent in Microsoft office, especially Excel;
- Passionate, Energetic & Enthusiastic, high sense of urgency and Creative & Innovative;
- Have the capacity to work independently as well as within a busy team environment;
- High levels of professionalism, innovation, energy, creativity and flexibility.
Send a current CV and letter of interest detailing an understanding of the above criteria with relevant personal strengths, not longer than 800 words, to hr@APECPNG2018.org